Both you and your friend suffer from a mild case of a writer’s block? These ideas could get your creative juices flowing again.
- Ask one another about your earliest memories, then switch the said memories and describe them from the first person perspective.
- Each of you should write 3-5 character, plot and setting ideas on different pieces of paper, fold them, mix them up and pick random ones from each category. The task is to write a story about the words you have picked.
- Both of you should bring some old family photos, and let the other choose one photo to use as a story prompt.
- Each of you should write only the beginning (or even the first half) of the story, and then switch and finish each other stories.
- Write about each other’s secrets from the first person perspective.
- If you are still struggling to find inspiration, go to a coffee shop together and eavesdrop. It is a good chance that both of you will spot (or hear) something intriguing to write about!
Remember, writing ideas are everywhere: the difficult part is turning them into actual stories.
I wish all of my wonderful followers a productive writing day! 🙂